Why is Facebook Showing Content not Available?By Ayesha Sajid May 9, 2019 2 minutes read
Facebook is a very commonly used social networking platform these days. It is equally popular among kids and adults of all ages. Even those people who do not have an account on Facebook are not unaware of it rather they also have a basic know-how about how Facebook works.
People are so used to using Facebook these days that most of them start their day by having a look at their Facebook Newsfeed and do the same thing before going to bed. However, this does not mean that they do not use Facebook during the rest of the day. Now imagine that if you are so habitual of using something that you cannot even think of starting your day without it then how will you feel if you are trying to access it and it does not respond?
Well, this surely is very frustrating and will definitely put you off. All Facebook users must have experienced the “Content not Available” message for at least once in their lives. In this article, we will try to learn the causes of this message.
Why is Facebook Showing Content not Available?
Facebook can show this message due to a number of reasons, however, the most common reasons are listed below:
- The Content you are Looking for is Deleted- Whenever you try to access the link of a post or a comment that has been deleted, then you get the “Content not Available” message.
- Facebook is Temporarily Down- At times when Facebook servers are down and they cannot handle your requests, you get to see this message.
- The Content you are Trying to View is Suspended by Facebook- The content you are trying to view is either reported by someone or it has violated the norms of Facebook and hence it has been suspended. In this situation, you are most likely to receive the “Content not Available” message.
- Privacy Settings of a Particular Content- There are certain posts or pages on Facebook that are meant for a certain community, a specific area, a particular age group, etc and if you do not fall into these categories that are set by the person who posted this content, then you are going to get this message if you will try to access such a restricted or private content.
- Deleted Facebook Profile- Sometimes, you also get this message when you try to view someone’s Facebook profile. It happens because that person has deleted his/ her Facebook profile and hence rendered you unable to view it.
- Deactivated Facebook Profile- If you will try to access the profile of a person who has deactivated his/ her Facebook account, then you will get the “Content not Available” message. This message will disappear as soon as the said user will reactivate his/ her account.
- You are Blocked by a User or you have Blocked a User- If you ever try to search for the profile of the person who has blocked you or you have blocked him, then you will see this message.
- You have been Logged out of Facebook- At times it happens that you make a logout attempt but you can still scroll through your Newsfeed. However, as soon as you click on something to view it, you will see the “Content not Available” message and you will be asked to log in again in order to resume your activity.
All of these cases account for the reasons of Facebook showing “Content not Available” message, however, out of all these reasons, the most common one is Deleted Content because it happens almost every single day. So if you are experiencing this error, then this could be the possible reason behind it.